My wife, Gina Lake, shared some pointers on how to cope in these difficult times:
Reminders for Coping With Challenging Times from Gina Lake
Here are a few reminders for how to cope with challenging times like the one we are going through now as a result of the coronavirus.
- Notice what you’re grateful for. It’s especially important that we focus on what we are grateful for now—what we have and can do, and not what we don’t have or can’t do. This is always good advice but especially important in times of difficulty, when the mind is prone to piling on negativity. Is this moment really a problem? If you are just here, right now, can you find peace inside you, even just a little? Can you find love within you, even just a little? Focus on these, and they will become your experience. Whatever you focus on becomes your experience of reality. This moment and every moment is an opportunity to focus on what you are grateful for and feel the love and peace that flow from that gratitude. Stay in that place of gratitude and keep coming back to it as you need to.
- Stay positive. I don’t mean pretend that you are on top of the world or pretend that you are happy or fantasize that things are great. What I mean by “stay positive” is affirm the truth as a counterbalance to the negativity your mind might be putting out. For instance, repeat “All is well and unfolding as it needs to” in response to worries and fears. This is the truth. Other truthful, positive phrases are: “Be still, and know that I am God.” “I let go and let God.” “I am love and light. Nothing but good can come to me, and nothing but good can flow from me.” “I am that I am.” Making up your own phrase that brings peace and love back into your heart and repeating it can be especially powerful.
- Pray: For example, you can pray: “May all beings be happy. May all beings be at peace. May I be happy. May I be at peace.” Or find another prayer you resonate with, or make one up. Ask for whatever you need help with. Connect with the nonphysical beings who are guiding you and ask them to send you healing, love, peace, understanding, insight—whatever you feel you need. Know that these beings exist to help you and be there for you. Feel their constant presence with you. Talk to them. You can also connect with them during our weekly online Christ Consciousness Transmission gatherings, which you can find out more about here: https://endless-satsang.com/christ-consciousness-transmission.htm
- Stay present. Stay in the present moment. Fear is a negative thought about the future, and it’s just an imagination, nothing useful. You will be much more functional and happy if you just attend to what is in front of you. Use this time to practice being present. And take time to meditate.
- Take slow deep breaths frequently. This calms the limbic system (fight or flight) and will help you be present and calm. Doing this for even just ten minutes will shift your consciousness.
- Read spiritual books that help you maintain a higher state of consciousness. I happen to have a Netflix recommendation because it’s something I just watched, although I realize everyone’s tastes are different. Nevertheless, Anne with an e is a really wonderful, refreshing, full of love and goodness, 3-season show that I think many of you will enjoy.
Times like these have an enormous potential for spiritual growth. There is much good that can come out of this experience that would not have occurred without it. As with everything in duality, there is a silver lining, even if that isn’t apparent right now.
Stay well and be at peace. All love…